Sunday, June 7, 2009

5 months


Korrayah Marie
You are 5 months old today. I can hardly believe it. It seems like yesterday I held you for the first time. Wow have you grown. It amazes me to see you and your little personality. You have such a love for life and people already. I hope that God continues to bless us with your zest for life. Daddy always says it is hard to have a bad day when you have such a big smile. It is true your smile lights up your face and the room. I find myself falling more in love with you everyday.
Your brother loves you too. I find him trying to kiss and hug you all the time. I have to remind him to be gentle, but you never mind you just giggle at him. I pray that your relationship continues to grow, and you will find a friendship with one another.
Just the other day you fell asleep in my arms. In my mind I knew I should lay you down in your crib, but my heart said otherwise as I held you a little longer. I know someday I will long to hold you and you will be too big to hold. This brings me to tears every time I think about it. As much as I desire for you to become the person God intended, I also desire for you to stay small.
May you always know just how deeply loved you are. I can't put words to my love for you and to think God loves you more....it is indescribable.
Know that my arms are always open, my heart is always longing, my ears are always available, my love is always here for you!
Loving you always,
Mommy

2 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

it is amazing how quickly they grow up! She'll never be too big to hold...read the book "I'll love you forever!" Happy month day!!

Katie said...

Amanda,
What a special letter for your sweet, smiling K! I am having lots of those same emotions today as I look at my "baby!" He's 5!! today. I can't believe it. I want to see what God has for him and his future, but it is so hard to let him move to this next "big boy" stage...
Enjoy!
Katie

PS - Looks like you got a fun photo editing program. Cute green bow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...