Monday, March 26, 2012

24 hours in the car!

So just how do we plan to take a 20-24 hour road trip with a three and five year old? I am not quite sure, but do know we did it with a 1 and 3 year old...could it get worse?
Here are a few ideas I have:
First I am giving each child a roll of quarters. Each time they whine they will be giving me a quarter. What they do not use will be theirs to spend in Florida! I am guessing this is going to be more exciting for Malachi considering Korra could care less about money.....that will change..lol!
I saw an idea similar to this on pinterest where she made her own seek and find bottles for sight words. Since we are working on number/letter recognition with both kids I thought this would be a great way to get some learning time in! Just colored some rice with food coloring by placing them in a mason jar with vinegar (my new favorite everything...more on that later) and let them set for a few minutes. Drained and laid out on a paper bag to dry.
Of course we have plenty of snacks packed....
A few dollar store trinkets.
I have been saving these magnet dolls that Korra got for her birthday for this trip. I am taking a cookie sheet with so she can lay them out and they will stick to it! They can also use the bendaroos (I found a brand new box at goodwill for 1.00) on the sheet.

I plan on cutting these and adding magnets during the trip as well!
Another great tip I heard just the other day was when you stop to eat let the kids run around and you eat. Then let them eat in the car afterwards...genius!

Hope fully with these few things, leapster explorer, and the dvd player we will be all set!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...