Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter

First off our special Easter gift for Malachi's teachers. He handed them out before vacation. Some"bunny" thinks you are "egg"stra special. So thankful for extra special people influencing our children.We spent Easter with my family this year. The kids had so much fun opening some Easter goodies and hunting for eggs. On our way to Florida Malachi was talking about this party he was that excited!
I wish I would have taken pictures of the kids opening their Easter baskets Easter morning, but I didn't. To be honest if I didn't get up at 3 am to use the bathroom I am thinking the Easter bunny would have skipped our house...ahhh!
We have been talking about the importance of Easter for a few weeks now, and I love how much Malachi understands. This year was the first year I felt like Korra was able to grasp a little truth to it all too! While we were not able to go to church (the one bummer of my job), because the nursery was over flowing (praise the Lord!!) we were able to serve on Easter and know that many were blessed! It is overwheming to think the sacrifice God made. I was reading the story of Abraham and Isaac to Malachi the other day, and it I began tearing up thinking about how much abraham loved God and the sacrifice he was about to make. Just a symbol of what God did by sending his son to die for us...the ultimate sacrifice!


Malachi found so many eggs he filled two baskets and his pockets...the benefits of being the oldest!!
I hope you had a great Easter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...