Monday, March 25, 2013

Proud moment

Malachi wrestled in his third tournament tonight. He did well, and ended up in 2nd place! While we are always proud no matter how he does, one moment stood out to me. It wasn't the moment his hand was raised that he won his first match, or the moment he walked off the mat after he lost with his head held high, nor was it the moment he stood on the podium knowing he did his best, but it was the moment after the tournament ended. While Malachi was getting ready for bed he said to me, "mom, I feel really bad for that little boy." Of course there was only 60 million little boys there so I had no idea who he was referring to, but he went on to tell me about a little boy who continues to get hurt by other people. He was distraught over this little boy. He asked to pray for him and you could tell he was thinking of him as I laid him into bed. I am not sure why this kid was laid on Malachi's heart, but I was so proud that his heart  is soft enough to care for the other boys (team mates or opponents) in such a loving manner.
It made me think of this story:

As much as I would love to see him suceed at something, I know true success isn't scored by metals and status. Way to go buddy, way to win at life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...