Tuesday, November 23, 2010

two different


It is so funny to see how Malachi and Korrayah are so different. Partly because of their gender, but mainly because of their personalities. Malachi is a "by the book" sort of kid. Hit all the milestones at just the right age, and is pretty compliant and laid back. Korrayah writes her own book so to speak. She is full of life and attitude. Even though she is her own little person, she copies everything Malachi does...it is so funny! There are so many things I love about each of them:
Malachi has such a deep desire to know Jesus, he also has such a kind heart (even though sharing is not one of his strong points), and he has such a passion for everything he does (esp: basketball). This little guy makes me laugh in such settle ways. Today on the way home from McDonald's he was telling me about a girl that was not very nice and very calmly he says, "mom, she needs to learn more about Jesus." ---love that about this kid, my little evangelist.
Korrayah on the other hand is a different kind of funny. The kind of funny that strives for a little laughter in her life and she'll do anything to get it. This girl makes me laugh as she pulls on my underwear and prances through the house saying, "look at me." She is such a cuddlier as well and I love when she reaches up her hands to me! She also has a way of challenging my authority telling me no as often as she can and refusing to do anything she is told. I know someday I will be so grateful with her strong-willed personality, but now we pray we get through it with-out too many gray hairs.

I am so blessed with two happy healthy children. There are days when life is difficult, but I can't help but notice how blessed we are, challenges and all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...