A few weeks back I went to a parenting conference at church. It was there that I was inspired to take a deep look into who and what makes my children. I was encouraged to find the thing about each of them that stood out and made them special. Things I considered to be great, things I was so proud of, things I loved about them. I thought I would share a few things I have found and appreciated since then.
Starting with Malachi
I love the seeker in you. The way you are always asking questions and wanting to know how everything works. I especially love your his curiousity about the Bible! You will sit next to me and ask me to read directly from the Bible. So often I think you get more out of it then me. since Easter you have been asking about going to Jerusalem so you can see where it all happened.
I also love your imagination. You know just how to make hockey skates out of tennis shoes and coat hangers and add something to work as a hitch to your battary operated toys so you can pull something. Like how just the other night during the terrible storm you said to me, "mom I am pretty sure Jesus is doing some miracles up there!"
I love how you can remember so much. Just the other day you were telling me about something that happened two years ago....I could barely remember. Your memory is amazing! Which is why you can sing so many songs and repeat Bible passages!
On to Korrayah:
I love how you are never predictable. You are always full of suprises. Life with you is never dull.
I also love your independance. You will try for a long time to get your shoes on with-out my help. When I ask you if you want my help you will say, "no I will do it". You have no fear and I often find myself asking, "where is Korra?
You also have a great imagination and love pretending. You love to pretend to be a mommy and change your doll's diapers (we sure go through a lot of diapers around here for you being potty trained). In nursery, your teachers always comments on how you try to feed the other kids (most of whom are just as big or bigger then you).
No comments:
Post a Comment