Thursday, March 20, 2014

I am feeling slow

The past week Malachi couldn't get his mind around the fact that he would be having school on Saint Patrick's day-clue #1. Monday morning came and so did the leprechaun, then Malachi was off to school.
Shortly after Malachi left I got a phone call from the school, Malachi wasn't feeling well. The actual words from the secretary went something like this, " Malachi is not feeling well, he said he is feeling slow, ready to cry, and has a low grade temp of 99.1 (is that really a fever??)" Anyway I said no problem and packed up the baby and headed out. I ran in to get Malachi and the minute he saw me, he popped up and hugged me. "Hi Mommy, now I get to spend Saint Patrick's day with you."-clue #2.
When we got in the car he kept saying, "can you tell mom that I am talking slow?" -Well I can tell you are talking and talking a lot!
Anyway as the day progressed I was pretty convinced Malachi was indeed not sick. 2 grilled cheeses later-clue #3, he laid low, but seemed himself.
Did my 7 year old just play me? Did he really want to be home on Saint Patrick's day? I think he was convinced he was missing a holiday hit at home. Sorry buddy we are not Irish and the only celebrating that happened, happened (green milk and traps--as good as it gets).
Ahhhh...well played my boy, well played my boy------but I am on to you-----with Earth day right around the corner, I will be watching!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! -April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...