Wednesday, January 12, 2011

his heart

I know I 've said it before, but this little boy has such a soft heart. He has such a passion for knowing more about our savior ... he is a true inspiration to me and my husband. Sunday night he came up to me and said, "mom I just need to spend some time with you", and crawled right up beside me. LOVE IT....!!!
The other day after church we were sitting down for lunch and he asked if he could pray (which he does often). I love it when he prays because I can hear his little heart. These were his words:
Dear Jesus,
Thank-you that we could get home safely. Thanks that we could spend the night at Aunt April's and eat breakfast there. Dear Jesus please help us to not have any bad dreams. amen
The past two years Malachi has suffered from night terrors. This has caused many sleepless nights and tears in our home. Tears as we watch him suffer from something that we have no control. He wakes up screaming during the night and nothing comforts him. We just have to watch and make sure he stays safe. If you know Malachi you know he is already a very fearful child (or as we say sensitive towards ungodly things). We spend lots of time in prayer before bedtime and trust God to keep the heart of our little boy pure.
This world offers so much bad, we hope we can be a glimmer of God's true light. We know God has big plans for this little man and his big heart and know that satan tries to get a foothold on him. Isn't it crazy to think that satan is so cruel that he will try and attack a innocent boy. So our verse for the year is:
Finally brothers whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellant or praise worthy think of these things. Philipians 4:8
I will leave you on a lighter note:
While Malachi was at my sister's house they were asking him for ideas on a baby name. Of course he was sharing his thoughts on different names he liked like: Camden (from his preschool class), Max (from little mermaid(prince's dog), and other names he thought of. After he got done with his list he says to them, " If I think of anymore when I am home I will e-mail you."....ha!
Hey if you have a second send a prayer up for Malachi tonight!

1 comment:

The Louzons said...

Amanda, we are going through the same things here with Joey! Thanks for sharing. We were totally unaware of how what he was watching was affecting him so much. Thanks for sharing the verse too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...