Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking forward to 2011!

So much to look forward to in 2011:

Korra turning two, Malachi turning 5 and starting school, my annual sister shopping trip, a fun getaway with my parents in February, a visit with dan's brother and his family from Minnesota, camping trips, cabin retreats, and so much more.
I am also super excited, because during Thanksgiving my brother in law and sister announced that in 2011 they will have their first baby. Their announcement was our prayer before dinner so I thought I would share:

Our Thanksgiving Prayer

Dear Jesus,

I think I’m really going to like Thanksgiving. You get so much time with family and I have your birthday to look forward to right around the corner, which is Mommy and Daddy’s favorite holiday.

There’s so many people to be thankful for. Like Grandpa who has so many talents there’s not enough time in a day to do them all. I can’t wait for him to make my bed someday. Or Grandma who I know will love spending time with me and she always makes sure the snack drawer is full, including for Daddy.

I’m also thankful for Uncle Dan who has taught my Daddy so much about faith, I know he’s quite goofy deep down. And Aunt Amanda who I know is going to be so much fun and has taught Mommy so much about life and parenting.

Then there’s Uncle Andy who is always willing to drop everything to help someone in need, including picking Daddy up in Indiana. And Aunt Janelle who I know will help Mommy with any advice she needs in the near future.

I know I am going to see great things coming from Uncle Matt in the future. I can’t wait to be on his backyard football team. And Aunt Angie who just like Grandpa has so many talents. She’s always thinking of others and I know she’ll make me feel special. Jesus, please hold their hands during this holiday season.

I am so excited about my cousins. Malachi who I know will teach me all the ins and outs about life. And Korra who will be so much fun to watch and play with. Or Makayla who I know will be the one who has your back.

I thank you for Daddy, who I can’t wait to go hunting with. He will be my partner in crime. I can’t wait to roll around the carpet with him. I hope we don’t stress Mommy out too much. I can’t wait for Mommy to shower me with all her kisses and hugs. Be with Mommy because I know Daddy and I kinda caught her off guard. A lot of things are making sense to Mommy right now, like the crying uncontrollably especially when Daddy wouldn’t come home from the fight a couple months ago and the skin tag that just appeared on her face. I pray for their anxiety and excitement in months to come.

Jesus, I also pray for all the soldiers and their families who mean so much to our country. I also pray for all the homeless and the hunger in this world. And all who are sick. Give them all encouragement and be with all of them today.

I pray that this food we are about to eat will nourish our bodies and that we enjoy our time together as a family.

You have blessed my family already in so many ways, but I pray that on December 16 you help me to have a strong heartbeat. I can’t wait to meet my whole family around June 29, 2011.

Amen

This is a picture of the parents to be 2 and a half years ago on their wedding day! Congrats Matt and April. 2011 will be life changing for you!

2 comments:

the coopers said...

How awesome is that?! What a great prayer~ so special!! I'm sure you guys are so excited to have another baby around.
2011 will be a GREAT year! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Manda :) -April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...