Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter celebration


Special after egg hunt ride! I am not sure who loves this more Dan or the kids!




We started out celebrating Easter at my parent's house on Saturday. The kids loved opening up their Easter baskets and of course recieving their first pet.


Sunday we spent most of our morning at church. Then we went to Dan's parents for lunch and the kids went on another Easter egg hunt!



Sweet it this kid's middle name in more ways then one! He was way excited about all the candy he got, and about his new baby chicks. He is on cloud nine this week! The other day after reading the Easter story I said to him, "Isn't sad that Jesus had to die like that?" He said, "mom it is wonderful because he washed our sins away." Like I said sweet in more ways than one!




This was our great attempt at a family picture in our Easter outfits. And another great attempt at getting some the of the Kapenga grandkids together for a picture.






So that makes for two great big dinners, two easter egg hunts, two days of fun, and two exhausted kiddos!


Of course the kids had great Easter baskets for Sunday morning, but Sundays are crazy mornings for us so there was no photos...bummer!


I hope your day was filled with memory making, food, fellowship, and most importantly celebrating all that Jesus did for us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...