Monday, August 13, 2012

Reminded


The countdown has begun, not officially. Although my heart keeps reminding me.
 Keeps reminding me each morning I wake up and look at the clock and read 8:** sometimes closer to 9 then 8...hey I am following the mantra: "sleep when they sleep!" I am also reminded everytime it is noon and I have to remind Chi to put on some clothes or when I have to remind Korra to take off her swimming suit. I am reminded when I put away clothes and see the new tags hanging from the clothes waiting to be worn. Reminded when Chi asks, "when can I stay at Grandmas?" Reminded when I am trying to squeeze in that trip to the zoo, or schedule those dance lessons. Reminded as we play "school" downstairs. Reminded when I put the kids down to bed later then they need too. Reminded as Korra crawls in bed with me at the break of dawn only to snuggle up and fall back to sleep. Reminded as I think of all the things come and gone this summer. As the countdown begins, I am reminded of the countless times I have held them, bathed them, fed them, kissed them, read to them, sang to them, cried with them, played with them, and prayed for them. I am reminded that in just a few weeks Malachi will be going off to Kindergarten all day, and Korra will start a school adventure of her own. I am reminded that I love summer, but I love summer with my kids even more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...