Right now our world is consumed by the organized beautiful world of pinterest, the elegant articles on so many blogs on how to have the perfect life, the facebook qoutes about lovely homes and perfect children (or the pure opposite ... which is just as annoying!!!) The other day I looked into my cupboards and to utter disgust can not figure out how it became utter chaos! I was instantly hit with embarrassment. I know I pinned somewhere on how to organize a cupboard...where is that??? Why is it not organize? Right in the middle of my thoughts I hear it a baby cry...oh no not a baby cry the cry of a hurt child or angry child??? I put off my thoughts and rush to the aid only to learn it was a false alarm. The children were playing babies and Korra was the crying baby! In right thre in that moment it hit me they still live in the fantast world, but I live in reality.
Reality says so much more than organized cupboards. It says waiting in a pretend waiting room so you can see Dr Korra, cleaning up the water that just happened to get on the floor while two little people were bathing, matching endless amounts of socks, preparing a favorite meal for someone special's birthday, downloading more apps on my new Christmas present for the littles and realizing not one of them is for me, watching Korra do a hand stand for the 15th time in an hour, watching Korra almost break her neck as she tries to do a flip over the couch (yup she really does that ...ahh..fearless), helping Malachi spell out the words for his new story, folding up those tiny onsises only to unfold them for the next blow-out, kissing the itty-bitty tiny owie on the finger, and not always loving every minute of it.
One of my very best friends came over today and asked about the saying that has been posted on my chalkboard in my entry for several months now. It says, "Don't mind the mess the children are making memories." I told her about my life of unorganized cupboards and her reply was genuis.
"You will have years to organize cupboards when no little people are in your home."
I reminded myself to take on one project at a time and know when a house is perfect something is giving. I am not ready to let something or someone give!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love this...it's SO true!!!!
So True! - April
What a good reminder! Thank you!
I'm pretty much in love with this post. Thank you for opening up your heart to everyone.
Post a Comment