Thursday, May 30, 2013

2nd time around

A few weeks ago the call came in asking if we would take one of our foster children back into the home. We were not sure what that would mean, but said, "yes of course!"  We loved having her and were quite surprised to find out yesterday that she would be returning home. While that is the goal of all foster children it is bitter sweet. She will be deeply missed and a hole will remain in our home for some time. We know as foster parents if we didn't feel this way we would not be doing our job. We pray for this sweet girl and her brother as they venture back to a home they have not been a part of for some time. We praise their parents for their accomplishments and have faith that they will continue to grow as parents and people. Today as I drove to Grand Rapids for our final meeting I was torn between emotions. I was reminded of how we have been so blessed to know this sweet girl and her adventurous brother, but was sadden to know it was all coming to an end. I was reminded of the sweet little one growing inside me as little flutters passed in my stomach, and feeling sad that he or she will never meet these precious people that were a part of our lives. So where does that leave us, just more in love with the little people who need homes in this state. So while our license is on hold, I am sure that they have not seen the end of us!
As I told the children about the move, both of them asked if we could do it again when our baby is born...love!...goal achieved!
While our hearts are sad, they are full!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Aria - love you! We'll miss you. -April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...