Thursday, September 12, 2013

Your birth story

Kreana was scheduled to come into the world via C-section on September 10th at 7:30am. Since she was only 36 weeks we needed to check her lungs before delivery. So I went into the office on the 9th and had an amniocentesis done. Basically a needle goes into your stomach and takes some amniotic fluid and it checks the oxygen level. We were told we had a little over 90% of a chance that lungs would be good, because of her age and the prednisone I was on. Even though I was still a little shocked when the nurse called at 3:50 and said we would be having a baby the next day!!!
After the amnio I had some cramping, but was told to expect that. Although you can understand my surprise when my water broke at 2am. After confirming with the dr, we headed into the hospital for close monitoring. When we got to the hospital, they were so busy and put us in triage. There I was checked and was at a 1.5 and 70 effaced. So they made the decision to monitor me until the C-section time.
 
So we waited patiently and tried to get some sleep-HA!
7:00 came and went and we were getting anxious. Come to find out they were trying to figure out who they should take first us or triplets. We were both needed the neonatal dr just incase. At 7:25 they ended up coming to get us and prep us for the C-section!!  Dan was brought into the recovery room while I got ready, once Dan was brought back you were here with-in 5 minutes. I was so surprised and thrilled that you were a girl. I love having sisters and know Korra will love being able to share life with you!
 
Today we have been hanging at the hospital you and I. I just keep saying to myself ..you are mine!
Feeling so blessed!!
 

1 comment:

Jana Zweering said...

Oh, Amanda...I'm just so happy for you! Hope you had a good weekend and are on the road to recovery and ready to take on three little cuties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...