Thursday, March 5, 2009

My sweet boy!



So our sweet little Malachi has had a few not so sweet moments this week. Like Tuesday when we went for lunch with my sister and he yelledat her, "Stop picking your nose" in the middle of Russ'! Then there was the Meijer incident: So we went to Meijer to get Korrayah's 2 month pictures taken (I had a coupon for those of you wondering if I am ditching Sears) anyway first off while I was picking out pictures he ran away. The photographer and I were looking all over for him. Just as I was about to panick...she found him hiding behind one of the backdrops. He thought he was so funny. I made him sit by me the rest of the time. After pictures I thought I would be brave and try and get groceries. Will he insisted that he wanted the bike cart (the one that show a movie...I'd like to talk to whoever got him hooked on those anyway (ANGIE)). As you know there is no room for a carseat and groceries in those carts. So I smiled and said. "not today sweetheart." Then he proceeded to throw himself on the ground and make a scene. Still smiling I picked him up and tried to get him to walk ( now remember I am holding a carseat and diaper bag at the same time). He refused to walk. I decided not to press my luck and practically drug him out of the store. At this time his coat was almost off as he was refusing to hold my hand. Good thing we had a close parking spot. Still screaming I tried to put him in the carseat. Five minutes later we were on our way home. He screamed the whole way. I tried not to laugh as I thought oh my I can't believe this is happening to me. Where did my sweet baby go and who is this child? That night as we were getting ready for bed, he came by me and said, " mom I love you sooooo much." I was thinking you are lucky I love you so much or I would have left your butt on the Meijer floor and walked out asking, "who's child is that anyway?" As he went to bed I knew that he is still my sweet little boy...he's just becoming more like his daddy (just kidding honey)!

4 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

Ahh!! Morgan is becoming like that too! I love it! Blame it on Dan...I'm thinking that's a great idea except that I know she is just like me!! The joys of parenting!! :) but yet, I wouldn't want it any other way!!!

the coopers said...

Amanda I'm laughing so hard right now! I know EXACTLY how you feel! Been there, except I wasn't trying to carry a car seat and diaper bag at the same time! I'm worried for when that day comes : )

Courtney said...

Oh no! I can't say that I've had the chance to experience that yet, but I have heard a lot of stories from my mom of when I did that as a child, ha! Good story though, it was cute! (probably not so much at the time:))

Bill.Rachel.Ethan.Levi said...

HAHAHA omg girl sounds like ethan! he insists on having the special movie carts at meijers, and he never stays in them! ahahahaha i know! what happened to my sweet little boy! he has been such a little animal lately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...