You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These Are Some Good Times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
Trace Adkins
I find myself singing this song often. It is such a good reminder that someday I will look back and miss this stage in life. I am not sure about the midnight feedings and tantrums in Meijer, but looking at the big picture I know it is true. I am gonna miss kissing their tiny hands, reading the bedtime stories, holding my sleeping baby, tickling their feet, and being called mommy!
I pray that God gives me the strength to love my children while they still call me mommy, and to let go of them when it is time for them to be mommy or daddy. As the Bible says in Eccl. 3:1 there is a season for everything! Right now I may be tired, but soon I am gonna wish I could hold her one more time at 2:00am when no one else but me is there to soak up all the cuddle time.
2 comments:
Last night before bedtime, I read the book, "Let me Hold you Longer" by Karen Kingsbury to Londin. I coudln't even get thru the first 3 pages without crying like a baby! (hormones??? maybe!) Your post is exactly what the book is about. It's an important reminder that we need to treasure each and every moment because they go by way too fast! Your awesome, Amanda!
AMEN!!!! I second what you said as well as what Kaycie said! It is amazing how quickly they grow up! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment