It has only been three days and we are ready for a weekend! Malachi loves school, but his comment on Wednesday after school summed up my feelings about this school thing!
Malachi came in the door chatting away about snack, a crying kid on the bus, a not so good listener, recess, etc. He sat at the island eating his kissing hand and then they came......tears....ahhh!!!
"Mom, I have to go everyday I am never going to be able to play with you again," he cried.
(oh buddy I was doing so well ... only a few tears when you left today...now you turn on the faucet for mom)
I went on to tell him about all the time we will spend together before school, after school, weekends, holidays, and summer!!!! I won't even think about the possibility of him going all day next year nope....I am going to focus only on the few short hours he is gone this year.
Then to help him ease his feelings we spent the time before dinner playing candyland and memory..perfect way to end the first day of school..one on one time with mom!
Malachi came in the door chatting away about snack, a crying kid on the bus, a not so good listener, recess, etc. He sat at the island eating his kissing hand and then they came......tears....ahhh!!!
"Mom, I have to go everyday I am never going to be able to play with you again," he cried.
(oh buddy I was doing so well ... only a few tears when you left today...now you turn on the faucet for mom)
I went on to tell him about all the time we will spend together before school, after school, weekends, holidays, and summer!!!! I won't even think about the possibility of him going all day next year nope....I am going to focus only on the few short hours he is gone this year.
Then to help him ease his feelings we spent the time before dinner playing candyland and memory..perfect way to end the first day of school..one on one time with mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment