Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Calendar fun

Malachi is obsessed with calendar time at school..he says it is his favorite thing to do at school. I think that is mainly due to weather bear. (this was the weather bear he made for our "school")

Anyway when Dan came home with a giant 2011 calendar he got from one of the guys at work I knew chi would be excited, but seriously! Anyway after reading my parenting magazine I got inspired. One of the mom tips was an old calendar used to help her son learn how to write the letters by tracing the numbers and then trying to write them in the empty spaces. So we got the calendars out and went to work. Of course I had to find one for Korra too! Once we started we had all kind of ideas counting with the counting hand, making patterns with the squares, and just coloring in the boxes.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Awesome ideas! I'm stealing them. Kayleigh LOVES calendars too and we need work on independent writing of letters, numbers AND pattern making! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...