Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What is next?

This baby has taken us all by surprise, but now we are looking at what is next. I have what is called Neonatal Alloimmue Thrombocytopenia , which basically means I have a rare antigen and my body recognizes our baby as a foreign obect. So my body is fighting off our little one causing the baby to loose platelets. So in trying to prevent a low platelet count and/or brain hemorrhaging I will be given a weekly dose via 10 hour injections of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG)  and  prednisone starting at week 20. The baby will be delivered c-section between 36-37 weeks so the baby receives the least amount of trama. We are praying for a healthy baby, and God's peace during this time.

Side note
The kids have been coming up with names like crazy. If it so funny to hear what they come up with.
Malachi's list
Olivia
Megan
Cody

Korrayah's list
Loco (she really thinks it is funny now that she knows it means crazy in Spanish)
Conna

If you have any better ones feel free to share!

Our baby at 16 weeks!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love that baby! ...and the momma and the sweet kiddos coming up with name suggestions!

Mitch, Kristin, Brady and Lily said...

Praying for such a boring pregnancy....well, as boring as the busyness can be! How is YOUR list of names coming along? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...