I read something the other day I just can not get out of my head:
“The
truth is that the 143 million orphaned children and the 11 million who
starve to death or die from preventable diseases and the 8.5 million who
work as child slaves, prostitutes, or under other horrific conditions
and the 2.3 million who live with HIV add up to 164.8 million needy
children. And though at first glance that looks like a big number, 2.1
billion people on this earth proclaim to be Christians. The truth is
that if only 8 percent of the Christians would care for one more child,
there would not be any statistics left.”
Right now I know is not the time for our family to take on another child, even though my heart aches to do so. I can only pray for the child(ren) now, and continue to help prepare our family to do whatever God calls. I know God's plans are bigger and I must be patient as I wait His calling and His timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment