Wednesday, July 29, 2009

camping fun







So each year we spend a week at Sandy Pines. Dan and I always look forward to this week, because Sandy Pines has so much to offer. So last week after the wedding we headed out. Though we enjoyed our time we found camping to be twice as much work with two children. I am grateful for my family who helped tremendously, and know I am going to owe them big once they have children. Over all it was sooo fun, but extremely exhausting. I am still catching up on sleep.
The highlights from the week were: celebrating Malachi's 3rd b-day, Malachi learning to swim with his swimmies, Korra saying "mama"...and I am not the only witness, playing hide and go seek on the golfcarts, tubing with Chi for the first time, My Dad and I taking 2nd place in our annual badminton tournament, and spending some quality time with the family.
Things I hestitate to mention: Korra waking numerous times during the night demanding to be feed, Chi continually whining whenever he thought necessary, my burnt foil dinner, the lack of sun, and the naptime schedule or lack there of.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah...the good and bad of camping. Seriously 2 kids makes it twice as much work, imagine 3;) Strange how once you're home and have time to rest and recover a bit the good out weighs the bad of camping just enough to encourage you to try it again...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...