Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another year

Another year gone by another year oh my!!!
I can't believe that I am 27~
Wow the last 27 years have been harder and more fulfilling than I imagined.
When I was younger and I would look at a women in her late 20's and I would think she had it all together. Now I know that women are really good at hiding. I know that when you are a women, wife, and mommy you never have it all together. You may be a good actress but truthfully we all feel as if we are falling apart at different times in our lives. I remember the weeks after I took Malachi home from the hospital...thinking I am totally failing at this. I am tired, stressed, and overwhelmed ..so-in-so made it look so easy. Than I looked at how I was acting when friends came over...carrying on with that "It's all good" attitude. After months of putting on the front I came to the conclusion that women all over are looking for someone to step out and be honest. I truly believe that admitting that this journey is not easy is not a weakness, but a strength. God knows we can't do it alone, and He does not promise that it will be easy. Although he does promise that He will not leave you of forsake you (Deut. 31:6)
Once I gave myself the freedom to be honest with others, myself, and mostly God I began to have a whole new outlook. I no longer get my worth from the world's perspective of success and prestige, but I look to the ultimate judge!

Thank-you God for given me 27 years of life. 27 years to learn more about you. 27 years to spend with friends and family. 27 years to be used in anyway you desire. 27 years to see your beauty in my children and the world. 27 years of health. I ask that you will continue to use me and mold me into the women you desire for me to be. Thank-you God for allowing me to be a wife, a mommy, and a women. There is no greater joy than having being called your daughter!
Amen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Amanda :) I totally hear you on the "having it all together." I thought that when I quit working things would "settle down." That's hilarious. I don't know how we got along before (aside from God's ever present hand). Have a wonderful day/weekend :) ... I was blessed by your blog this a.m.

Bill.Rachel.Ethan.Levi said...

well said amanda, glad to hear you had a good birthday! Let's hang out next week, i will call you and we can do a pool day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...