Tell me that I am not the only mother out there that often feels better/worse about being a mommy by viewing other mommy's. Today was a feeling good mommy day. We are trying to sell our house so we had an open house today at the worse time, but hey you take them when you get them. It was from 12:30-2:00. So instead of eating lunch at home before we left and destroying the house I took the kids to McDonald's to eat and play. Malachi like any kiddo loves McDonald.. I am not a big fan, but no other restaurant offers what Mickey D's does... child entertainment.......hello marketers...parent's are dying to eat and not entertain their child at the same time. I would rather eat in chaos then eat and worry about my child acting out...so McDonald's was the choice!!!! The place was packed, but we found a spot in the corner. As we were eating I could not help but watch the parent next to me. Everything her child did was the end of the world if you know what I mean. She kept yelling across the room at her child (who was 7 feet up in a tunnel). Malachi kept starring at her...hello lady you are freaking out my already scared of everything child!!! She was a very nice lady and we even made small talk, but I am thinking she was expecting more out of her 4 year old than she needed too ( I've been there) Needless to say I left McDonald's feeling very pleased with my mothering abilities.
At home, I was quickly reminded of a discussing we had at Bible Study not too far back. We were discussing how comparing yourself is always wrong. When you end up on the better side of the equation you are only being prideful and when you end up the lower side of the equation you are only being jealous. God taught me that through-out motherhood I need to be continuing to improve. He has also taught me that we all fall short of His glory, but He gives it anyway! Through Christ Jesus I can do all things ... including raising my babies! I think I need to keep my eye on the goal!
speaking of comparing....doesn't Korra look like her mommy?
1 comment:
good reminder amanda, i love your insight. You are an awesome mommy!
Post a Comment