Monday, August 30, 2010

to the house

A few weeks ago while looking through a house, we found that the owners and previous owners of the home had written a message to the house on the basement floor. Afer leaving our home yesterday,I thought about what I would write to our home. This is the message I would write on the basement floor of this home:
To the home that holds so many precious memories, like the memory of our very first night here, and bringing home our babies to you with streamers and balloons hanging from you. The many get togethers and birthday parties held in our backyard. The laughter that came from so many of these rooms. This house has been a special part of our family. We came here as two and we leave here as four. We came here not knowing anyone, and leave knowing many. This home has been sweet and we will always remember it as our very first home. The home that helped us grow in so many ways. Thank-you for being our home for the past eight years you will be missed. I hope the family that moves in here will be as blessed as we were!
As we move out of this home I am sad and excited. Sad for all the firsts that were held here and excited for all the first that will be held in our new home.
fyi: we pulled out our offer on the short sale and our seeking God's direction!
thanks for your continued prayer!

2 comments:

Mitch, Kristin, Brady and Lily said...

I love this.

Jane said...

Wow, what a way to add history to a house. Am just visiting you (as a lovely follower) to invite you yo follow my other blog @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ All the best, Jane:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...