Grandma Great Kapenga (Dan's grandma) was such a sweet lady. We always knew she would be praying no matter what the occasion. She truly loved her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I know I was blessed to have known her. We would often walk to her house and just chat. Malachi loved going there and we couldn't go for a walk with-out stopping at Grandma-great's!
I was trying to explain to Malachi that Grandma would be going to heaven. He was pretty confused on how she was going to get there:
Chi: Mom is she going to walk?
Me: no honey
Chi: Is she going to drive?
Me: no honey
Chi: Mom is Jesus going to carry her?
Me: you know what honey he is ...you are so right God is going to carry her to heaven
I just love the picture he created of Grandma going to a place where she will have no more pain, no more sorrow, and no more heart ache. We love you Grandma and we will miss you. We know that you are now home with Jesus.
1 comment:
Oh Amanda... now I'm crying again.:) Such a sweet posting on Grandma. Oh boy do I ever miss her, but am so thankful she is pain free and in Heaven. We will cherish those memories and pictures. What a blessing that she could be an impact in Malachi's life for a least a few years. -Rachel
Post a Comment