Rarely do Dan and I take the kids anywhere to eat (besides McDonald's with a playland), but thanks for Resturants.com we decided to venture out last night. It did not take long for me to remember why we do not take the kids anywhere to eat. Spilt milk, whining baby, no french fries, laptime dinner for both, etc. Those of you with kids catch my drift. Anyway I felt like everyone in the resturant was watching us. Watching as we tried to eat with our kids on our laps and try to pick up everything Korra drops on the floor. Wow I was feeling a little frustrated. Nearing the end of our dinner and older man walked up to us.
He said," It will get better, but you will miss this. My kids are out of the house and I would do anything to be back where you are. My wife and I couldn't help but watch you while we were eating." I couldn't help but notice that the man's eyes were a little teary. I knew he was speaking form his heart.
I find it amazing that God always finds a way or a vessel to speak to you. After dinner I tried to ponder these moments of their youth in my heart just as Mary did with Jesus (Luke 2:19). Knowing someday I will feel just as this gentlemen did.......teary..for all that has came and gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment