Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday school-Corduroy


I always get excited when it is my turn to host Thursday school (Instead of preschool this year a few friends and I are rotating kids once a month for our own version of preschool). Today our theme was all about the book Corduroy. I had a lot of fun with this one so I thought I would share a few pictures and ideas
Each child brought their own bear for our special day. We were able to chart differences with the bears and play different games with their bears. We even built the bears a cave.
We painted with green ice (put paint in ice cube trays and freeze it)...for the letter "g"
We also glued coffee grounds on outlines of bears for a textured smelly bear
We used buttons and ink pads to make button stamps for corduroy's lost button
We used counting bears to make patterns and to sort
We went on a bear hunt and pretended to hibernate

Thursday school has been so fun and I am so glad I am able to share this time with Malachi. I hope I am able to do the same with Korra (and Gibson!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda! Thanks for hosting such a fun morning. Adelle was thrilled to learn she could bring her bear to class.

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Looks like a fun day! We love those books around here..

Danielle

Katie said...

What a fantastic morning! Anne Hope was thrilled with all that she did at your house (and excited that Malachi wasn't scared of her bear;)
Repeat with K & G - sounds like a plan to me for sure!!
We love you - happy shopping this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...