This past couple of weeks have been paci boot camp for our little fancy pants. This has been a nightmare in itself. She is a fighter and has been since day one so we were prepared for a full out war and that has been what we have seen.
Day 1: scream for 1hr and finally falls out of the crib....so we decide to cut off the tip instead of the cold turkey stuff.
Day 2: cut paci is doing o-kay she crys when she gets it, but takes it anyway.
Day 3-10 falls asleep at nap with cut paci wakes up crying after about 1/2 hour screams for a long long time ( I am afraid if I told you all exactly how long you would think I was a bad mommy!!!) on day 7 (pictured above) I finally lay with her on the mattress in her room (for Malachi-who is scared to sleep downstairs) and she falls asleep.
Paci boot camp is making us all tired as you can see by malachi's latest sleeping spot... on my floor after a mini war against paci and fancy pants.
2 comments:
Keeping you in my prayers. Stick with it girl! It will be worth it in the end! Good luck!
Ohh, Amanda ... I am so dreading the day we start taking away the paci. I put it off because I didn't want to go through it with the new baby here. I'm afraid it's going to be a battle just like you described. Good luck, and keep me posted. :)
Post a Comment