Malachi's fear issues have come and stayed the last year or so. While looking for a new house his main request is that his bedroom be next to the kitchen (where Korra's is currently). He currently sleeps downstairs and is not a fan of it. We have tried everything to help coax him, but it comes down to a real fear. So lately he has asked if I will protect him at random times.
While building a sandcastle at the beach our conversation went as follows:
Chi: this is my house
me: where do you sleep?
Chi: I sleep on the roof
me: why?
Chi: because I am closer to Jesus and he can protect me
Wow!!! profound wisdom again from my three year old. The closer we are "spiritually" to Jesus the more protected we will feel. Amen! ....
I think I am raising a preacher or God just knows I need to hear His word!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will lay down and sleep in peace for you oh Lord keep me safe.
Psalm 4:8
I chose that verse as one of our first memory verses this year for just this reason, hoping to help quiet the "afraid of the dark" fears.
We will pray for Malachi in that he feels safe at night, and that in your new house his bedroom is by yours or his sisters so that he feels safe too.
I claim that same verse Psalm 4:8 all the time (espeically with Ryan gone). Malachi's words are so sweet, what an amazing little man you're raising!
Post a Comment